| mEowings | About mEow | mEow remembers | mEow frens | mEow-ers | | |
Overseas Days: Bintan
Sunday, January 17, 2010


I went to Bintan for 3 days. On a full 3 working days..Missing out alot of work.But heck it...for a while..

One day before my departure, I was still totally unprepared. I have not got ready any bit of clothes and/or wadever accessories I need or may need. I was in office until like 8pm doing the final touch up for work. And then went off for dinner until like late. And my ferry is 8am. WOOT!

Anyway, I reach the destination safe and sound. No sea sickness and no motion sickness.

Day 1
Spent the first day there walking around the not-so-big resort.

Day 2
As I went there as a tag-along-item for someone's company retreat tingy, I was pretty much alone on the 2nd day as they have some one-day-affair meeting.

I slept until 12pm missing my breakfast and waking in intervals as my phone relentlessly ring ring ring for a whopping 16times! But I slept thru it all. (Some auntie dont understand the meaning of, contact my colleague).

It was on this boring day that I acquired peace and serenity in vacation Life.

Modern people life is all about rushing here and there, busy busy busy. That even in overseas, we will rush around, sight-seeing, shopping and travelling.

We aint keen on spending like some 4 hours lazing by the beach, reading book just enjoying the relaxing pace, no no, not when I spent $$ to get here. Now way I m gonna spend my time wasting around sitting around.

Must chiong chiong chiong to get my money worth.

Not I. Not much of a choice, cos I cant ride out alone to the city which is few hours away, not to mention, do they have one? As such, I m stranded at the resort, which have nothing more than... nothing more than... spa?

Cos u see, their low tide is during 12-6pm or so. So meaning, only in the morning do u get tide. In the afternoon, u can walk straight out into the sea. So lazing around literally means sitting around, looking at the beach
*note: beach, not sea*,
and enjoying the breeze.

I love it though, to be able to read, finally. After countless failed efforts to read a book, I finally have the will to sit myself down for a few hours there, jus reading my beloved book,"Dewy"...Lovely book.

I guess I m the only one ard here who wld read a happy cat-story and cry, no, no one/cat is dead.

It's just touching.Touching the way the cat helps people.

Maybe it is the peace and serenity that allows feelings and emotions to reach deep into one's heart...
Maybe it's the lack of other people around me that allows feelings and emotions to touch one's heart...
Maybe it's just my deep deep love for cats that allows feelings and emotions to so casually and easily reach deep into one's heart...
Maybe........

Anyway, I m just pretty much grateful I have this time away from the city life to enjoy abit of what I deeply missed doing...

Day 3

Intensive exercise... Or is that even considered an exercise? My definition of watersports have been narrowed down to: sports that require you to hang on for dear life.

Practically, that's wad I did.

4 water sports for S$40. WHy not? and we did.


The first one was very 'high'... they simply made a big round float, attach some cloth handle there, and say, hang on! And, sped off in their speedboat.

They call it the marble, we called it the donut. But it's jus a ham-chee-peng-like float. 3 persons were off, hanging on for dear life. Not knowing how being fling off will feel, I did jus dearly cling on.... until...the whole ham-chee-peng flipped.

I slammed painfully into the water. Ouch!

Knowing how to swim, or not, have little effects. Once u are slammed into the water, the only instinct is to hold your breath and close your eyes, and wait for the float to bring u afloat.

Satisfied that all 3 riders are soaked, the staff brought us back to the next ride.

Banana boat and bandwargon is no longer any more interesting. Flying Fish flew briefly only, when one of the riders fell off, unable to cling on the raised at right angle ride...

We noted something. The more you cling on, the sharper their turns. They will stop at nothing to fly a passenger off their seats.

We have a sacrificial passenger. :D I m nt the one. Feeling the first impact of the slamming on the first ride, I never wanna try it again. So for the rest of the ride, I jus hang on for dear life...

40 Minutes later...

It's over. We washed up, and headed back to Spore.

Lovely. :)

Labels:



10:25 AM | back to top
Go to older postsGo to newer posts
mEow
Follow this blog: '



Rewind